Welcome to the #1 Acura Integra Forum and Acura Integra community dedicated to Acura Integra owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Acura Integra Forum today!

Acura TLX 3.5-liter V-6 Engine

TLXFan

Administrator

The 3.5-liter VTEC V-6 engine produces an impressive 280 horsepower and 254 lbs.-ft. of torque (both SAE net), while achieving an EPA Fuel Economy Rating2 of 19 in the city and 28 on the highway.

• VTEC, which stands for Variable valve Timing and Electronic lift Control, enables the intake valves to open deeper and longer when the engine reaches approximately 4500 rpm to enhance airflow and allow the TLX to continue to build horsepower at levels where other engines may run out of steam.
  • All-aluminum construction, a hollow camshaft, and other weight-saving measures keep the larger engine lighter for better handling.
  • The Drive-by-Wire? throttle system provides a precise balance of smooth and responsive operation by adjusting throttle sensitivity to varying driving conditions.
  • Fuel efficiency is enhanced by lower-friction piston rings and the ability to run on lower viscosity oil and transmission fluid.

I'm new to this site. Have enjoyed my 2015 TLX since end of December 2014 but I'm surprised at the transmission. It upshifts just fine but the last downshift when slowing down is associated with a huge and abrupt increase in RPM that is associated with an unsettling sense of acceleration, almost like a runaway sensation. When this takes place at speed (eg. a highway exit ramp) or going down a hill, it is really noticeable and disconcerting. Got the run-a-round from the dealership with waffling between "nothing wrong" to "this is the way it is" to "it's a problem that requires reprogramming." After a frustrating series of conversations I opted for the reprogramming which achieved nothing other than a waste of time to schedule the reprogramming. What's up with this?